The Q Collective hosted a panel discussion, Intimacy, Sexuality, and Consent On Stage: A Panel Discussion on Creating Safe Spaces on Stage and In the Rehearsal Room, on January 15, 2019, at The Monocle, 4510 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
The evening included a 45-minute panel discussion with local arts professionals, and time for questions and answers.
- Sarah Lynne Holt, Director and Founder of The Maenads
- Marsha Holland, BFA Art Education, MS Rehabilitation Counseling
- Cecily Ann King, Dance Instructor, Resident Choreographer for R-S Theatrics and Ignite Youth Theatre
- Erik Kuhn, Associate Instructor with Dueling Arts International, freelance stage combat instructor and choreographer
- Tress Kurzym, Artistic Director of StagePlay Learning, Theatre Education Coordinator at Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville
The discussion was moderated by Ed Reggi, member of Actors’ Equity Association and faculty with Center of Creative Arts and Theater and Dance Department at Souther Illinois University – Edwardsville, and proud owner of free local resource stlauditions.com.
The discussion included frank discussion of intimacy and sexual activities.
Video of the discussion will be available soon.